Monday, February 14, 2005

better late than never

i finally finished my 50 list...i do not think its perfect...but it's finished. i've missed updating so much. i really need to get a jump on this internet thing...very fun weekend, i'll possibly share stories later this week.

here goes...

i have a problem beginning this list, because i can't figure out what #1 should be, because it seems like it should be a big one, or does the list go from least to greatest....

50 things about me

50. i press snooze at least once, sometimes twice every morning. i NEVER just get out of bed.

49. when people laugh at what i say i feel like i've just been paid a wonderful compliment

48. my all time favorite movie is dirty dancing and my all time favorite line is when baby tells johnny, "Me? I'm scared of everything, i'm scared of what i saw, of what i did, of who i am...and most of all i'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way i feel when i'm with you!"

47. i subscribe to glamour, lucky & cottage living magazines.

46. one of my favorite things to do is take a shower right before i go to bed, but i don't do it very often so it never looses it appeal.

45. if i could have dinner with anyone dead or alive i'd pick audrey hepburn, sarah jessica parker, britney spears, katie couric and kate spade...we'd have a damn good time!

44. when i put lotion on my hands i rub it in and then wipe it off.

43. my dog prissy will be 14 in may...and God bless her...she's blind and deaf

42. in college i wrote a 30 page paper about Christ depicted in film through a woman, and i made an A on it.

41. i make up dances to songs in my car, and it's not the same dance, and they never quite translate on an actual dance floor. i believe the best dance i have is to Me Against the Music by Britney Spears.

40. i love drama...any kind...the good the bad and the ugly

39. if you get on my bastard list...it's really hard to get off of it...most people never do.

38. i rarely read one book at a time...i prefer 2 or three.

37. i'm a very good secret keeper...try me!

36. i've always wanted to be one of the 7 strangers picked to be on the real world

35. my three favorite things to eat are...1. Chips and Salsa 2. Donuts 3. Hot Dogs

34. i've only been to New York City twice, but i talk about it and love it like i've lived there my entire life. i sometimes refer to it as the other half of my heart.

33. i was a good child...my dad only had to spank me once my whole life. the reason i was spanked was because i was told to stay in my yard and i crossed the street to play with my friend tiffanie.

32. i was named after Leslie Howard from Gone With the Wind.

31. i smell my hair out of habit and have done it my whole life. my parents used to think i was eating my hair.

30. i took dancing for 8 years. my first dance recital performas was Baby Take a Bow and we wore black and yellow polka dot bikinis.

29. smart people are attracted to me...look at my friends!

28. i started going to church when i was 3 weeks old. i attended FBC Texarkana for 18 years, then UBC, Columbus Ave & Woodway @ Baylor, and Hyde Park Baptist Church in Austin.

27. i was allowed to watch anything on tv that my parents were watching...ie: cheers, dallas, dynasty, days of our lives...

26. my favorite television network is nbc...i rarely watch those other two.

25. getting my hair done...cut or hi-lighted always changes my day for the better.

24. my starbucks drink is a Grande Toffee Nut Latte

23. this is how old i am right this minute

22. my longest boyfriend girlfriend relationship was a little over a year.

21. my first crush was tj morrow. i liked him from 1st grade to 6th grade. my first celebrity crush was tom cruise...and i'm pretty sure i still have a crush on him.

20. sondays camp was one of my favorite places to be. i liked it so much that i journaled about every detail!! ...on march 5th i lost something that i can never get back...

19. i will always think that britney spears makes great music. and i'm a slave for you will always be special to me=)

18. my first kiss was in Movies 8 and we were watching the movie Forget Paris

17. my dad is the creative genius behind Lesli without an E

16. baylor was the only school i applied to...i had applications for ouachita baptist and the university of texas

15. i played varsity tennis all through high school and was usually seeded 4th, but played number 1 doubles.

14. my first crush at baylor was mr. rugged man. i saw him two weeks ago and he's still very cute...however, not so rugged

13. the farthest i've ever run at once is between 6 & 7 miles

12. i was baptized when i was in the 4th grade, but i didn't truly accept Christ until 10th grade.

11. my absolute dream job is to sing and dance on broadway

10. my baylor line jersey name was: Indecisive

9. i was 19 when i got drunk for the first time...i was drinking beer.

8. i think sex and the city and when harry met sally are two of the smartest pieces of work

7. i became obsessed with Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. My favorite line from that film is when she sees Paul and she says, "I'm fat as a pig and i haven't had my hair done, but i'm happy...real happy. It probably shows!" my least favorite Audrey film is My Fair Lady

6. i'm not a big cartoon fan...i didn't even really like them as a child.

5. i think to have a friend you've got to be a friend, and i have some of the best friends ever.

4. i love Jesus so much and love reading his word. sometimes i cry because i can't wait to be in heaven. my favorite two verses in the bible are "If God is for us then who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 & "Submit yourselves then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you, draw near to God and he will draw near to you." James 4:7-8

3. when my brother was born my Pop woke me up and asked me if i wanted to go see him and i said, "No, let's just go eat pancakes."

2. i love telling stories...not lies, actual happenings, so if you ever want to listen, i'd love to share.

1. i'm a terrible time estimater, so i'm ALWAYS a few mintues late. i will literally be late to my own wedding, because i won't be able to estimate the appropriate amount of time.

as much as i love lists...i'm terribly indecisive about what to put...it's taken me two weeks to finish this one! hope you enjoyed.