Friday, May 30, 2008

counting the hours

oh my gosh... the movie is HOURS away! less than 12. i'm afraid that i won't be able to sleep tonight because i'll be waiting on santa to deliver christmas. there's a small chance that i'm just like every one of those star wars fans you're embarassed to see at the midnight showing of a new episode because they're all dressed up with props. ok there's a large chance. the dress is chosen and props included are shoes, necklace, belt, earrings and purse. this is serious business.

i said that this weeks post would be dedicated to the wonder that is SATC and i had a book signing and not to be one of those people, but i got busy and i got tired. it was my friend's book signing and the eating and talking and laughing went well into the night.

so i'll keep my word and i'll of course show you pics of the outfits for both showings, but i will NOT post my thoughts until monday. i HATE delaying gratification like that, but i know many people like to see for themsevles.

a few of my favorite quotes to nibble on... enjoy.


Samantha: Ladies! Seamen, twelve o'clock!
Miranda: I pray when i turn around there are sailors, because with her, never know.
(Anchors Away - season 5)

Miranda to Carrie's machine: Your good friend Miranda has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You will probably need this information when you check me into the Betty Crocker Clinic.
(What's sex got to do with it? - season 4)

Carrie: Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you. ... Hallmark doesn't make a "congratulations, you didn't marry the wrong guy" card. And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone?
(A woman's right to shoes - season 6)

Carrie: MEN I may not know, but SHOES - SHOES I know!
(A vogue idea - season 5)

Carrie: How can you be engaged? You have a problem with commitment, remember? In fact, you told me you never wantedto get married again, ever.

Big: Things change.

Carrie: You just didn’t want to marry me.
Big: Natasha and I...
Carrie: Don’t say her name! Don’t you dare say her name to me!
(ex and the city - season 2)

Carrie: Nooooooo, I'M TAKING A WALK! You can stay here with your boxes of shit and your shoe eating dog and you can knock yourself out putting on the rogaine and the speed stick! THIS is why I need a second door.
(the good fight - season 4)

Carrie: I had often fantasized about running into my ex and his wife. But in those fantasies, I was running over them with a truck.
(easy come, easy go - season 3)

Bobby Fine: Bitsy Von Muffling, the first time I saw you, I fell in love. You walked in wearing that red vintage Dior.
Miranda: Pink elephant in the room.
Stanford: Do you mind? I am listening to the bride and bride.
Bitsy Von Muffling: My dear Bobby Fine…
Samantha: Something tells me Bitsy isn’t doing ”Fine.”
Harry: And that’s the little piece of information she’s been Von Muffling.
(i love a charade - season 5)

Carrie: You do this every time! EVERY time! What do you have some sort of radar? Carrie might be happy - it's time to sweep in and shit all over it?
Big: What? No, no, I came here to tell you something. I made a mistake. You and I...
Carrie: You and I - NOTHING! You can not do this to me again! You can not jerk me around!
Big: Carrie, listen to me. It is different this time...
Carrie: Oh, it's never different! It's six years of NEVER being different! This is it! I am done! Don't call me ever again! Forget you know my number! In fact, forget you know my name! And you can drive up this street all you want - because I don't live here any more!
(AN AMERICAN GIRL IN PARIS (PART UNE) - season 6)