Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not today

Raise your hand if you thought I wasn't going to post today and all that bragging I did at the halfway point about the NaBloPoMo updating being so easy was just a big ole lie? Well, I'm here and under the wire, so it counts in my book and NaBloPoMo's book... whoever NaBloPoMo is.

My mean old husband has been making me work too hard! Can you even believe the nerve of him? I kid... he's definitely the best boss I've ever had and the perks aren't half bad either if you know what I mean.


Speaking of that other half of mine we had our first pregnancy scare this month and found out today that there's nothing to be scared of if you catch my drift. For the last two weeks I've been having this emotional battle with my brain and my heart about the possibility of this being a reality. As a christian I believe that God has a perfect plan for my life and if that meant having a baby right now then it would mean we'd be parents. The selfish human side of me kept thinking we are so not ready because we're poor and we aren't settled and love our two~some life.


Those are silly reasons though, and admittedly selfish, but I was a little relieved this morning that this was not in our cards for right now as my period came this morning like clockwork. Then I was knocked over by cramps and overwhelming urge to rip the head off of every person I came in contact with, so I made a command decision to have cookies and ice cream for dinner.

And that decision alone, my friends, made my whole day.