Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Delicious Egg Nog Pancakes

From Sunday to Sunday Justin and I were on the road for a total of 24 hours. Not all consecutive, but it's a heck of a lot of time spent in one car. This Sunday the exhaustion of that driving finally caught up to me and I didn't crawl out of bed until after noon. Oh my word it felt so nice.

I woke up with a craving for pancakes. Not with eggs or bacon or sausage, just plain old pancakes, but then I had an idea. Now, now, I really want to work on sticking to recipes and making dishes EXACTLY as they read. Next time... I promise to start following the instructions NEXT time.

It's the holiday season, so this Sunday called for Egg Nog Pancakes by way of Bisquick.

I'm wondering how many of you like egg nog and also how many of you think you don't like egg nog? If you've never tried it for whatever reason, maybe this should be your holiday season to turn over a new egg nog leaf. It has more calories known to man, but it's ok for a cup every now and then and thankfully they even make low cal and soy egg nog to take away the guilt. It's sort of like a sweet spicy milk, but I don't care much for regular milk, but could enjoy Egg Nog by the gallon.



For your festive Egg Nog Pancakes, you will need to mix together:
1 Cup of Bisquick
1/2 Cup of Egg Nog (1 cup if you want a stronger egg nog flavor or thinner pancakes)
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto your hot greased griddle. Flip when the edges look dry.


My pancakes turned out fluffy & delicious, which means the experiment was a success! For some reason I don't have a griddle, so I used my cast iron skillet, hence the burned looking pancakes. They were not burned, but I'm kind of a weirdo about burned or crispy things anyway, but they weren't.


The next three holiday goodies I would like to attempt to make are

1. Cheese Ball

2. That Pumpkin Chiffon Pie from Oprah

3. Stuffing


Please feel free to pass along any good recipes you might have for any or all of these things! As the food network would say I bid you Seasons Eatings!