Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hey, Jealousy!

Did everyone see that Oprah admitted to the world that she was fat the other day? This started an 85 email dialogue between me and three friends mostly commiserating with Dear Old Oprah, because we too know all too well what it feels like to feel fat.

I think the most interesting thing about fat/skinny is that EVERYONE has their own barometer. I can roll my eyes at friends slipping on size 4 jeans without unbuttoning them while complaining about gaining those 5 little pounds, but the truth I believe that how you feel is what you are. If you think you're fat then that perception is your reality, because there will ALWAYS be someone skinner than you and there will also be someone fatter than you.

I'm not the kind of person who gets jealous over other people's things... their cars, or their vacations, or their clothes. I tend to joke... oh, I'm so jealous! But I think real jealousy tends to go deeper and get uglier than wishing you were on vacation with your girlfriend. The one thing I do struggle with as far as jealousy is concerned, is looking at people, big and small, that have taken control of their health and thinking, Gosh, I am so jealous that they are getting healthier and here I sit.

Then it dawned on me, Hello! McFly! Why are you sitting here being jealous when you could get up and join them?

Which brings me back to the emails among the girls...we formed a plan that we would all start weight watchers and regular works outs January 1st! Then Christina demanded that we start now, and in doing so we could have 5-10lbs off by January 1st! Is there any better way to cap off living great in '08?

Without further adieu it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you...
Four Fat Chicks

Shopping is our Cardio!


Trust me when I tell you that you're going to want to take a look. In the first post I reveal the scariest/bravest think I've ever done.