Monday, March 16, 2009

a wish for Austin


Are any of y'all lucky enough to go to South By this year? That's the local term for South By South West in Austin, Texas. When I actually lived in Austin I can recall going to one little old show because all the festival was to me an adage to annoying downtown traffic.


When I lived in Austin it was a festival for people with extraordinary taste in music & a flare for independent films. Me, I'm DYING to go to the Britney Spears Circus Tour and hope to find time to see Confessions of a Shopaholic before it leaves the theater. It wasn't exactly a festival for me, but I was more than happy to support a friend's boyfriends band and attend the single show that I can call my SXSW experience.


Apparently it's more than a music and film festival and you can hang out with bloggers and celeb chefs. I'm following several bloggers & my first husband, Tyler Florence on Twitter and it's KILLS me to read their updates about arriving in Austin for their SXSW journey. Honest to gawd, my hurt has literally been hurting to think that TF is chillin' at all the Austin hot spots that I could have been to in 10 minutes if I still lived there. I've been brainstorming ways to ditch my real life in Tupelo and swing through Rockwall to get Allie so we can STALK Tyler in Austin. Wouldn't be too hard, because he is kind of enough to tell ME exactly where he consuming wine and polishing off tacos.


Hotel San Jose? Done. Gueros? Not my favorite, but we've got plenty of time... it's going to be a long week.