Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies



I had a recipe shower the week of my wedding where my friends & family showered me with their yummy family recipes. It was one of my favorite showers, because it was so personal & it involved food. By and large, the one recipe that I have used the most is Brown Eyed Blogg's Mom's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've tweaked it a little bit, because I like my chocolate chip cookies a little less sweet & a little less chocolate. I mean I like the chocolate, but I think semi-sweet chocolate is too bitter for cookies. Weird? You are welcome to think what you like of me.

I made them on Sunday night for a cookout we had at our house on Sunday evening for our employees and I thought OMG ~ I HAVE to share this with my blog friends! If it was possible for all of you to come over and taste them fresh out of my oven, that would be just great, but unfortunately, that's not so possible.

Ingredients
Cream together
1 Cup of butter flavored Crisco (the secret weapon)
1/2 Cup of White Sugar
3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
2 Eggs (add one at a time)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
In another bowl mix together
2 Cups of Flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda (OOPS -i didn't have baking soda, so I used a touch of baking powder & it was fine.)
1/8 teaspoon of Salt
After the dry ingredients are stirred, begin mixing them into your batter. Then stir in...
1/3 Cup of Oats (quick or regular)
1 Cup of Pecans
1 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips

Bake at 350 until desired done~ness of your cookies. Then lock your husband in another room and enjoy those cookies like you know how to!




I like to pull my cookies out a little before they're done, because I like them super chewy to the point of being dough~ey. Can anyone count how many words I made up in the post?


Now that we've sufficiently dipped into our weight watchers flex points, head over to http://www.fourfatchicks.blogspot.com/ & check out a MUCH healthier recipe for your Wednesday!