Sunday, May 24, 2009

How does your garden grow?

I HAVE to blog today, because I feel so bad that all of you that have the current post picture in your side bar have to look at my in all my love handle glory!

Let's talk about the weather. How has y'alls weather been? Tupelo has been seeing cooler weather than normal, but dang I just had to walk Lola in the rain for the 9,000th time this month! Come on Sun... I MISS YOU! The bright side ~ I am getting lots of good use out of my leopard print rain boots. Justin LOVES them...right.

Since Summer is on it's way I decided that I wanted to grow my own herbs. Allie had the most FABULOUS basil at her house last year & I never have fresh basil when I want it, but usually forget to use it before it goes bad. So, Justin and I went on a mission to figure out how we could pot plant some herbs and get them to grow.




Lookey what I found! They had this little set at the Wal*Mart with Basil, Sage & Thyme. It reminds me of a step up from the Styrofoam cup planting that I did in Sunday School growing up. Did everyone do that or just FBC Texarkana? Anyway... I followed the directions and when it finally got sunny I set them out on the grill to get some good sun light.






I don't know which pot is which, but I know they are in alphabetical order... Basil, Sage, Thyme. For sure the middle one is Sage. I've never grown a thing, but figured I could surely follow directions. I believe Justin's exact words were, "Those are never going to grow." I don't believe it was lack of faith on my behalf but more lack of faith in the old Wal*Mart.



Then the rain came back and I had to move my three little pots inside, but look what happened to my little old Wal*Mart pot plants after only 7 days...


We have sprouts, people! Honestly, I am a little shocked that this much happened in 7 days. Sage looks to be a little on the slow side of the growing, but it will get there... I just know it! Why do I get Scarborough Fair in my head every time I think about my little plants. Parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme... Maybe I should start singing to Sage?

I am thinking this is my Basil, because it wants to be the best. I can't even wait until full maturation if only the sun will come back out to love on my little plants!