Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Brown Eyed Bride

Ali & Cody got married last weekend and Justin and I had the special privilege of attending their wedding festivities! I know that many of you also follow her over at Brown Eyed Blogg, so I'm sure she'll be sharing many more pictures from the week, but I thought I'd show y'all some of the ones I took!
Justin and I made a weekend of it and went to Little Rock early to get some shopping done and enjoy staying in a downtown hotel. Saturday night was the Bride's personal shower, held at the Capital Hotel, so we took a picture in front of the tree!
The guy that took our picture accidentally moved the camera before it actually snapped, but I thought it was funny ~ top & bottom view!
On to the wedding! It was at the beautiful Marlsgate plantation in Scott, Arkansas. Justin and I got ready that morning and headed over. We pulled up and saw the beautiful arrangement for an outside ceremony.
OOPS! I was the ONE girl there that didn't wear opaque tights. When we got married 2 years ago on this weekend it was NOT cold. Oh well ~ the ceremony was beautiful, and Justin brought his wool coat to wrap around my legs like a blanket.
Nice touch ~ Ali's family members wore one color of pashminas and Cody's wore another. I believe all of their dresses were different, but honestly you couldn't tell. If you're getting married soon and can't pick bridesmaid dresses, you should totally consider doing this. Let the girl pick their style so they can feel comfortable! I could NOT tell a difference and I'm hyper critical of that kind of stuff and I thought they all looked fantastic!
This was so unique ~ it was their guest book that little artsy~fartsy Ali created and it was soooo cool! I'm assuming that she'll frame this in their home. What a neat memento to have forever.
Me and the blushing bride! {My blush needs to be darker} Ali was stunning! Her hair was perfect {naturally}, she looked amazing and her dress was timeless.
We love you, Ali & Cody! Thanks for allowing us to be apart of your VERY special day!