Monday, March 15, 2010

detox week

Seems like the blog trend to announce that you have a little nugget on the way is to go "dark" for a while and then come out with the big NEWS! I'm here to announce that while I've been absent and more blog silent than usual, we have...

NOTHING to report!
{for the record ~ we're not even trying & a baby is not even CLOSE to being on our radar.}

As Allie likes to say... I haven't been making time for blogging. I've been making time for couponing {amanda ~ i took the class!}, exercising {loving jillian's new yoga DVD}, recovering chair cushions, hanging curtains, working, working, working & reading!

This week Mom is in Portugal serving the Lord, so I offered to take her place as Gram's care-taker for a few days. Every few months work gets me worked up into an unbearable state of stress, so this week is the perfect time for a good ole detox and cleanse in my food & my life.

Food Detox ~

No Meat
Dairy
Sugar
Caffeine
Processed

I did this same detox/cleanse at the beginning of 2010 & quickly found out that
1. It wasn't as hard as it initially seemed.
2. It made me feel great. {and 4lbs lighter}

Also, it's a great time for a life cleanse as I'll be away from my day to day job and my normal life routines. Time to reflect on where I want to be by the end of 2010 and see what progress has been made thus far. I want to be a better version of myself and I think for me this starts with forgiveness. I plan on taking time to really try and wrap my brain around issue and figure out where I can start chipping away in my life.

My To-Do lists for the week are written, but now it's time to pack, I'm hoping that I can figure out how to get my pictures from my camera on to my computer, because there might be a picture of 2 of George Strait & Reba McEntire that y'all might want to see! And I'd really love to get back to making time to blog and share and write. Now, let's get this party started!