Thursday, October 13, 2005

this is not a tragedy...

"a tragedy is three men trapped in a mine or police dogs used in birmingham. monks burning themselves in protest."

i expected this to be the happiest day of my week, because if you know me at all you know that one of my favorite things to do in life is have my hair done. for a week i've been talking about and dreaming of my new fall color. well i got it all right.

the girl who used to be multi shades of blonde is now multi shades of brown. i had to leave the salon quickly, because i have a tendency to say things that i don't mean, and for a year i've really liked my hair girl, because she never failed to give me great color. i'm not the girl that cries over hair dos, but i had to divert my attention for the horribleness that is now residing on top of my head in order to fight back the tears.

my girl did tell me, "those are really great colors." colors? i can hardly see ANY dimension. just a bunch of brown.

although my natural color is much darker than this, i look better with at least a little bit of blonde. what i got away with in the early 90s no longer works for me today.

once my roomate gets home i'll get the truth, and i suspect there will be a phone call to reschedule me for a little more blonde.