Monday, September 04, 2006

calling the hogs

note: another guest post by Cayce


I wish I had a picture and/or video of Lesli "calling the hogs". If you're not from the south, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, or you think we're weird redneck hicks, but it's a great Arkansas tradition (done at University of Arkansas football games). We were at a barbeque Saturday afternoon with some Arkansas folks, keg beer flowing all day, and after a few hours Lesli decided to call the hogs. Usually when this is done, one bends over at the waist, drops their arms down and then stands up while raising their arms over their head. However - when Lesli does it, she sticks one hip out and looks more "drop it like it's hot" than anything else - complete with jazz hands! It's very redneck meets Beyonce if you ask me. Regardless, she brought a lot of joy to my weekend. Use your imagination . . .


Lesli and myself with the cute Arkansas girls, Brooke and Amie