Tuesday, December 19, 2006

qualitative response

I keep no secrets about the fact that I want to marry for money. Let's be honest, I mostly just say it to get a rise out of people. Even though my whole life my mom told me, "It's just as easy to love a rich man as it is a poor man." she also told me that, "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone." you may now no longer question why I am so superficial.

so one of the boss last week questions me, "Lesli, what qualities are you looking for in a husband." Rich and hot...why? Do you know anyone? The boss looks at me with the most serious of looks and just when I think he's about to launch into his money doesn't buy everything speech he says, "I think that's a great idea, honestly." shocked and a little disappointed that there was no I rise I had to ask why? "Well, I see so many beautiful, professional women marry losers because, 'he is just so nice...he doesn't have a job, but he is nice.' So, I think you should set your standards high."

when he came back for a visit a few days later I asked him if he'd found the said hot, rich husband I so desired. To which he responds, "Well, I'd set you up with my son, but he's being scouted by the NFL and I think they only start out at about $600,000 plus people confuse him all the time for dierks bentley, so, I'm not sure if he's exactly what you're looking for."

he sounds perfect...truly, but could you say it a little louder so that the boy that, God forbid, I find irresistible, will hear and realize how desirable and irreplaceable I am and that if he doesn't pounce, he'd be stuck with...well quite frankly, a girl who isn't me and I'd ride away in the sunset with dierks bentley look alike.