Thursday, May 17, 2007

good morning, world!

I was fast asleep by 9:30 last night and by fast asleep i don't mean getting ready for bed or lying in bed i mean dead.to.the.world. A few moments before 9:30 I considered setting my alarm for 5:30 to get up and go work out - that would give me a good 8 hours, but I knew I would just snooze through it and I’d rather get 30 extra minutes of uninterrupted sleep. So I set it for 6.

At 5:15 I was wide awake, so instead of rolling over and praying that i fell back asleep I dragged my ass out of bed and went and worked out!!! elliptical, treadmill and lifted weights - sign me up for bravos hit show work out!!!

Also – I went to the grocery store last night and came home and made a fresh healthy salad. It made me feel so inventive and creative that i just had to share... (i promise i won't try to kill you with some goofy name for it)

Baby Spinach leaves
Broccoli, cabbage and carrot slaw
Drizzled a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and soy over the top with a little black pepper

Diced fresh yellow fin tuna steak and marinated it for 30 min in…
Olive oil
Soy sauce
Hot mustard
Wasabi powder
Red pepper sauce
Red wine vinegar (to add a little sweet)
Salt and black pepper

Then I poured it over the top and the marinate acted as my dressing… in the immortal words of rachael ray yummmm o , if i do say so!!!