Tuesday, July 10, 2007

hair it is!



there is nothing like a trip home. especially with this kind of art work proudly displayed in just about any and every parking lot in town.

the weekend was great. i think i ate enough calories for an african village to survive on for a year, but it was the best peach pie i had ever put in my mouth. not to mention the "designer" cupcakes that were made especially for me and the homemade salsa allie brought. oh the homemade salsa... i haven't eaten salsa that garlicy and good in many many chicago moons. i think i can still taste the garlic=) hopefully all the laughing put a dent in the caloric intake, somehow!

my uncle has recently caught wind of this blog, and made it his personal mission to spread the word to every living and breathing soul he came in contact with. the boys put their heads together and changed the blocks from "welcome justin" to say "blog it lesli" here it is boys, and if you're reading this because my uncle told you to - well, bless your heart.



just as i suspected, everyone loved my other half, and the fact that he lived in texas for 5 years was selling point enough for my grandmother. "I think he fits in with us, and he was raised in Texas, so that's why he is nice."

fortunately for my other half, he got out of the marathon shopping trip and got to steal away to the golf course for a few hours with my uncle and a retired marine general. lucky for him, because what he did later showed his true colors.

as if asking him to dry my extensions wasn't too much to ask, he spent saturday evening with 4 chatty girls at a hair salon listening to all of our stories, our gossip and our theories on men. i'm pretty sure he was bored, but you would have never known it. i think this means there are many trips to best buy and many action movies in my future. what a man!

here is my most accomplished friend Ali in her new salon... you go girl with your business woman self! isn't that buffet/cabinet thing just fabulous? she should probably be a professional shopper as well. i've never known anyone with better taste/style/antique luck!



the beginning of the transformation - i woke up a few weeks ago hating my hair. it had to go, regardless of the season - i was sick to death of the blonde!



oh and look who else took a spin in the chair...



and here is the new me with ali's little man, milo! my hair wasn't all the way dry, because the other allie counted and it now takes me half an hour to dry my hair! ok that might be exaggerated, but it takes longer than the two minutes it used to!



dark, huh? total incognito, and i love it!