Thursday, October 02, 2008

"let Texas fill my soul." - pat green


In honor of the VP debates I wanted to show y'all my new Sarah Palin glasses. What do you think?


This was Lola and I right before we headed out to austin. She then spent the next 7 hours (traffic in ft worth and dinner in waco) curled up in my lap sound asleep. I was very much looking forward to showing Justin around Baylor and getting pictures by the bear pit, but the sun set before we got to hillsboro, so all that Sic 'Em Bears practice is going to have to be saved for another time.

We're staying at the edge of Austin, and when I woke up this morning it felt mighty nice waking up in the great state. It's hard to believe that I've been gone for 2 years. From the looks of things a LOT has changed around the city, but in a way it feels like i just left. I can report that I already have plans for 2 nights this week, and I've hardly been here for 12 hours. Gawd, it's so good to be home.