Tuesday, November 18, 2008

12 days of Austin


I can not believe that we have 12 days left in Austin, Texas. Where has the time gone? Ryan said it best when she said that Norman seemed to drag on and Austin has FLOWN by! I've found myself day dreaming about my kitchen lately. I've been searching recipes, so I can have a menu planned for the evening I arrive. Nevermind that the only thing left in my fridge will be ice in the ice bin!


What I'm needing is a good refried bean recipe, because sure I can get them out of a can, but what's the fun in opening a can when I could be refrying beans in my very own kitchen?


It's when I start to think about the refried beans and the tex~mex, that's when I start to get a little teary eyed, because I know Lexington thinks they have good mex, actually many places do, but really there's no place like home. It's all a little bittersweet, you know?


We're 9 deep in our Tex~Mex tour which leaves us with one, but I think I know which restaurant is going to make the cut, because Justin put in a special request for a follow up visit.


In the next 12 days I need to accomplish the following... let me know if you'd like to join ~

~ Moonshine for dinner
~ Pictures in front of sign above with Justin
~ Flip Happy with Andy
~ Pictures at Friday Night Lights landmarks
~ Lunch or dinner at Zen
It's a short list, but if the past is any indicator of the future, we will be on our merry way all too soon. Either way, I can't wait!