Sunday, November 23, 2008

Featured Blogs ~ 4th week of November

Now it's time for the last installment of the run down of my blog roll! I've been hesitant this month to add new people to the list for fear of getting the reviews out of order, so if you're feelings are hurt that you are my friend and I comment on your blog, but you're not on my list, that's why. Check back after this week and perhaps you'll be added.

We start with...

Shanti ~ 20 Something Living
Shanti is a fellow bloggy friend like Ryan that I met through this blog. She moved from Chicago right when I moved too Chicago, and we both had a love affair with the same little area of Lincoln Park. Shanti is a fantastic writer, and lucky for all of us, is participating in NaBloPoMo, so you can get your daily dose of her for one more week. Shanti sent me a facebook message about sweet leaf tea the other day, and I get very excited about the possibility of she and I sipping tea and eating cupcakes together in February. There's a small chance, but I'm keeping up the faith! Her's is truly a coming of age blog about her life from being a party girl in the city to moving back to California to truly find her solid ground.

Sharla ~ Sharla's World
Sharla is the twin sister to one of my good friends who became my friend when I lived in Austin. Did you follow that? Sharla just recently started back up with her blog and it couldn't have come at a better time! In a week she is moving from Austin, Texas to Cincinnati, Ohio! Can we say big ole weather change? I can't wait to read about her new midwest life in the weather and life under one roof with her man! The bonus for me is that I will finally have a familiar friend within 100 miles of me! It's selfish I know, but I was once in her shoes and would have given anything to have an old friend so close.

Katy ~ Simply Yummy Goodness
Katy is a friend of Sharla and Shawna's and if I leave Austin without sharing a meal with her I will be very disappointed! Katy loves food like I love food and lucky for me she reviews Austin restaurants about once or twice a week. She always picks fantastic local places and it's my way of getting my Austin food fix when I'm stuck off in Kentucky or anywhere else but here. If you've never heard me say it before... Austin has the best food in the world. Katy also shares her own recipes, and there was a recipe on there last week about spinach artichoke dip that I can not get out of my head! I believe it will be making it's debut at a party with us on Thursday.

Stephanie ~ Greek Tragedy
Stephanie is a friend I met when she moved to Austin a few years ago. Unfortunately, she moved here, we became friends, and then I moved shortly there after. We keep up through the email, but I did get to celebrate her birthday with her this year, and it was such a treat. Most of you read Stephanie's blog already, but if you don't, you should really start. Hers is one of the first blogs I ever read, and the material is always fantastically raw and amusing. Of course her pictures are beautiful, too. Is that a pre-requisite for being a great blogger? You have to be a good photographer too?

Tiffany ~ Life is... Glamorous & Fabulous!
Tiffany is an old Austin friend, as well. I am so glad that she started a blog, because she has the best stories to tell and great ideas to share. One of my favorite things about her blog is that she does a Fabulous Friday Finds post every friday and shares some of her favorite finds according to topic. A few weeks ago she did a post about candles, and I took her advice and it paid off. This past friday she did a post about fabulous cocktail dresses, and I'll be derned if she didn't post the dress that my bridesmaids wore in my wedding! Clearly she has very good taste.

And that my friend is my blog roll and how I know them and why I love their blogs. I'm wondering... have any of you found new blogs to read through this post?