Saturday, November 29, 2008

winding down

Our hotel is a wreck today! I'll be honest, it's a wreck most days, because hours are long and work is hard and the space is small, so when one thing is out of place everything looks out of place. I had two tasks on my list today... 1. Call car dealership and be tough so they'd bring our tags to us and 2. Pack/clean hotel. We have the tags in hand, but I can not bring myself to pack. I can't decide what is worse ~ packing to leave for 4 months or packing to go home after 4 months. Gawd there is so much stuff!

Everything is winding down in the next couple of days... our time in Austin, NaBloPoMo, our first year of marriage and it all seems like I blinked and now it's over! Let's discuss...

1. Austin ~ it has been wonderful. I know that it's been wonderful, because it feels like we've been here for 2 weeks. However, I can not wait to step foot in our apartment and be home and surrounded by things that belong to me and my happy little family.

2. NaBloPoMo ~ it's been really fun and dare I say easy? The weekends were harder, because like all of you I was usually busy doing other things like napping, watching football or working, BUT I did it! Regular blogging is definitely something I'd like to do more of. Wonder if I can post everyday in December?

3. First year of marriage ~ Technically we got married a year ago this afternoon. It's not the actual date, but the actual weekend. I would prefer to spend an entire post on this, but much like NaBloPoMo it's been really fun and very easy. I consider myself among the lucky and blessed.

Off to pack my friends... wish me luck!