Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He's just NOT that into you

I first read He's Just Not That Into You in 2004 or maybe early 2005, and I said then - it changed my dating life. Being a self proclaimed non-reader, I read it in one sitting. This past weekend Justin and I had the chance to see the book portrayed on the big screen. Having read the book, I couldn't figure out how it would translate to the big screen. It had the chance to be a little hokey, read: Sex and the City talking to the camera ala Season 1, but the previews made me think it would be funny. Even Justin thought it looked funny.



Well, I thought it was good. It was funny, it was dark, it was thought provoking, it was sad, and it was heart warming. I think it's the kind of movie that shouldn't be stereotyped for just single women. I did have the thought during the film that every woman I've ever know, myself included, has absolutely been THAT girl before. Makes me think that YOU'VE been that girl before too! Don't worry... I won't tell anyone. We all like to ANALYZE and OVER ANALYZE...a little... ok, a whole lot! It's our nature.

Just remember... you are the RULE until your EXCEPTION comes along and you'll absolutely know. When I first started dating Justin, I remember the light bulb going off for me and thinking this guy is just THAT into me... so this is what it feels like! I never wondered if he'd call... I never wondered how he felt or where we stood. Trust me... men are simple. When they are just THAT into you, you'll know. Back to the movie...


I also thought it was a good movie for couples to see as well. I, for one, catch myself getting wrapped up in my married life and taking my other half for granted. I think marrying Justin was one of the best decisions I ever made, and I've learned in the past 14 months that it is a LOT of hard, hard work. The movie made me realize in a gut wrenching way how fragile relationships can be and how they can not be taken lightly. Dare I say it... I think the movie changed our marriage a little. Seems like we've snuggled a little tighter and chosen our words a little more wisely.

Which ever boat your in, I think you can view the movie in one of two ways ~ a good old fashioned gut check or stricktly entertainment by an amazing set of actors set up in really hip digs, because really either way you can't go wrong!