Tuesday, February 03, 2009

how sorry are you?

My sweet friend Allie and I have this terrible unfortunate relationship with the United States Postal Service. We mail stuff to each other a lot (her to me a lot more than me to her because I'm FOR-GET-FUL. With about every 5 things we send through the mail it either arrives in 30 mangled pieces OR it's returned to us in 30 mangled pieces. Like right now, it's February 3 and I never received her Christmas card, because it got banged up 15 days into the delivery process, so they gave up and sent it back to her.

I've been patiently waiting for a care package to arrive from my sweet friend Ryan and it finally got here Saturday! Pictured above is how it arrived. To protect both of us from crazies (I kid.) I can't show you the rest of the mutilated box and our addresses. However, I would like to take this opportunity to thank to United States Postal Service for taking the time to ease my pain with that sticker.

Here's what I'm think... if you're REALLY sorry... throw in a book of stamps next time or send me some of those pre-paid boxes, your treat. Deal?