Monday, March 09, 2009

You are cordially invited...

To the Life is Not Fair Pity Party hosted by your good friend, ME! I've been ignoring my dear old blog lately, because I've been far too busy picking out decorations for and coming up with a guest list of spectacular people to invite to my Life is Not Fair Pity Party. Don't mistake that for an apology... I'm not nearly vain enough to think that any of you need an "I'm sorry" for my blog neglect. It's just a good old fashioned excuse.

One little thing after the other keeps wearing on my nerves and it finally all came to a head last night and I found myself crying in bed while my husband held me tight and whispered sweet prayers to the Lord into my hair. I am hoping that today I can take a breath and re boot. I think when a funk last longer than a month you can call it a pit. Frankly, it's time for me to get out of this pit I've created for myself. It's a pit where I've wallowed in self pity and insecurity and hatred, and it's ugly. Really ugly.

I'm working on revamping the look of this site. Maybe not a revamp, but a change in the way things look. I want it to look cleaner and more simple and calm. I'm hoping to translate that fresh new outlook into every other facet of my life and I can rest easier and be happier.

Until then, feel free to join me at my party and enjoy the company if you can stand it.