Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's the Deal ~Long Bauble Necklace~

A couple of weeks ago Justin & I had the good fortune of going to his grandmother's Holiday Open House at her antique store. Indeed God was looking out for me when he had me fall in love with Justin who recently acquired a grandmother who owns the greatest treasure bearing antique store in Kentucky. Of course we had to make a trip to Wal*Mart during our 24 hour stay, because I forgot to pack Justin's shoes, but as it turned out, it was a 2 week old Wal*Mart and just about the nicest one I had ever been in!
As we were checking out I came across this black bauble necklace that caught my eye. There were clear ones, multi color ones, but only one black. I debated in my head and thought ~ you know, this is really fun and for $10 I think I can splurge.

It's different ~ all the little beads are tied together in a messy pattern and then tie in a bow at the top. Here it is all displayed on one of my newest treasures from the antique store. I can't wait to show off all those new treasures!


Here I am actually wearing the necklace last weekend in Birmingham.


Today I walked into Ann Taylor Loft, because I was lured in with a 30% off Friends & Family coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket and look what I found!


They had them in clear, multi color and turquoise, but no black. Guess how much they cost?

$34.50

The only difference that I can see is that the ribbon around the neck that you hope no one sees was thicker! My advice ~ if this is a necklace you'd like to add to your collection try and hunt it down at Wal*Mart first and save yourself $24.50 ~ that way you can get a cute shirt to go with it!