Monday, December 07, 2009

2 year celebration!

Our anniversary day celebration was so great this year! We took the day off and luckily it was in between the wild stomach virus that we passed around in our house the rest of the week. There was no plan, so we decided to head over to Memphis for the day to shop for our angel tree kids and pick up some wedding goodies for Ali & Cody. Lunch was at Pei Wei, a rare treat for us and after shopping we treated ourself to TCBY, another delicious rare treat. We made our way home for a fancy dinner at Tupelo's very own Park Heights. At the end of the evening our hearts were full and simply getting away a being together was the perfect way for us to spend our special day. After this anniversary I think I might prefer anniversaries to birthdays, because there is nothing like celebrating our life with my other half.
Also, I like to wear something to the celebration that I wore in our wedding. Last year I wore my wedding shoes, and this year I wore my earrings. I would have worn this fur stole, but I bought it in Lexington and forgot it when I went to Texas. OOPS!

Before I get to my year in review post, I thought I'd share this fun little survey to catch you up on the history of me and justin. Thank you Sirena & Jill for letting me borrow this.

What are your middle names?
Justin JOSEPH & Lesli MICHELLE

How long have you been together?
March 2006 - dating
August 2006 - engaged
December 2006 - Married
2 years and 9 months (Married 2 years)

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
3 months

How old are each of you?
we are both 28 ~ 2 months apart

Did you go to the same school?
No

Are you from the same hometown?
Justin ~ Greenwood, Indiana
Lesli ~ Texarkana, Texas
so, no.

Who is the smartest?
without a doubt ~ Justin
he's got the brains, i've got the looks. kidding!

Who majored in what?
Lesli ~ Telecommunications, Baylor University
Justin ~ Biblical Languages/History, Central Bible College; {part of}Masters of Theology, Asbury College

Who is the most sensitive?
hmmm... we might be equal at this. especially if Biggest Loser is on.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Ichiban or Las Margaritas

Where have you traveled together as a couple?
Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee (sounds like I'm naming SEC bowl bids)

Who has the worst temper?
ME!

How many children do you want?
We've never picked a number. Right now we have 25 grown kids that we get to take care of every day and that's managable. HA! We'd love to adopt needy kids {a la Blind Side} and probably have our own. Check back in a few years for a more accurate answer.

Who does the cooking?
Definitely a shared duty in our house. Justin is an amazing cook and I think my cooking is coming up to a new level as of late. Let's just say, either way you'd leave our house happy and satisfied.

Who is more social?
Me. Justin is naturally more introverted. I love having people over and secretly he can't wait for them to leave.

Who is the neat-freak?
Neither! We try very hard, but we clean all day at work, so a lot of times our house gets neglected. That's what maids are for, right? Currently, every room in our house is clean!

Who is the most stubborn?
Me! Gosh, I have all the icky traits. Let's work on that in 2010.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me, but Justin stays up later.

Where was your first date?
The first meal we shared together was a Johnny Carinos in San Marcos, California. Our first date as a couple was at Dunlay's on Clark in Chicago.

Who has the bigger family?
Me!

Do you get flowers often?
I do! I buy them myself, because I go to the wholsale florist once every two weeks. Fresh flowers help me keep my house cleaner. I should show y'all some of my arrangements. However, Justin likes to surprise me on special occasions with pink roses. That's what he had for me the first time I came to visit Kentucky. It's "our" flower.

How long did it take to get serious?
From the time we met ~ 3 months
From the first time he came to visit me ~ a couple of days.

Who eats more?
depends what we're eating. probably the same amount.

What do you do for a living?
We operate our own restaurant!

Who does the laundry?
We share it, kind of, Justin usually does most of it though.

Who’s better with the computer?
I don't know? People assume that Justin is good at fixing computers because he plays video games, but I know my way around.

Who drives when you are together?
Justin, because he HATES how I drive

What is "your" song?
good question... we don't like the same music, so this is hard. maybe "I Believe" by stevie wonder.

Do you ever argue?
No, we're perfect. You should want to be more like us. Of course we argue and I say hideous things that I instantly regret. One thing I know for sure is that are good to heap grace on each other and are quick to forgive. I couldn't be more grateful for those two traits in my husband.