Thursday, March 18, 2010

wednesday ~ Detox Week

Halfway through the week!

Breakfast ~

Same, Same, Same! I'm telling you ~ I'm a major pattern eater! Also, once I heard Dr. Oz say it was a good idea to eat the same thing for breakfast everyday, so maybe it's not so bad.

~
Lunch ~

1 Baked Sweet Potato w/ sprinkle of cinnamon

Edamame: no salt.

{i used to eat garlic salt on my edamame, but I've worked very hard to cut salt out where i can, so I rarely sprinkle salt on anything. i miss it on edamame, but I'm getting used to it.}

~

Afternoon snack ~
1 Banana



Dinner~
1 Avocado
leftover rice, bean, rotel skillet from yesterday

~
After dinner ~
handful of almonds



~Can I confess something to y'all? I ate a frozen thin mint today and I ate one yesterday. I know! I just didn't want y'all to get any ideas that I'm trying to put on that I'm perfect at the eating/detox thing, because it is hard! At home I don't know any girl scouts, so I am not tempted for a minute to get them ~ out of sight, out of mind. However, my Mom has an end and really why not enjoy a thin mint during this season? It's a rare american delicacy, right?


The point is, and I tell my mom this all the time, because she herself has lost 25lbs since January {Go, Mom!} if you're eating good and exercising regularly it will not set you back to have a thin mint. Be smart though and don't go crazy, and we've all gone a little crazy before!