Thursday, August 07, 2008

my days of august

anyone know what yesterday was? anyone? 1 year ago yesterday justin asked me to be his bride. if you're just now tuning in, i said yes. it's weird to me to think that we got engaged one year ago, and we've already been married for over 8 months.

here is what we looked like that night...


we both look a little scared. like... seriously? the rest of our lives? funny, when i first saw this picture a year ago, beyond my face looking so scary from all the tears, i thought we looked as happy as we could possibly be.

i think people tend to shy away from the reality of feelings during the time you start to talk about becoming husband and wife and on your engagement night. like they are afraid to admit that it's a little scary for fear of people condemning their relationship to a miserable hell. for me, the proposal and dinner afterwards were perfect, but i was scared to death that night. I knew it was the right decision... my best decision, but knowing that i was about to become a wife to this wonderful man made me feel like i had a lot of responsibility ahead of me. from the looks of this picture... i think he was feeling that same responsibility


and here is our most recent picture together as a couple.


why do i get the feeling justin is thinking... great, she's just taking this picture so she can use it in another post about weird things i do.

have i ever mentioned that these few days in august are "my days." seems as if big, good things always happen in my life around these days...

August 6, 2007 - was asked by justin to be his wife

August 7, 2003 - graduated from college

August 8, 2006 - moved from austin to chicago

August 9, 2003 - started my first "real world" job.


i don't recall if anything happened during the years prior or in between, but so far nothing monumental has occurred during this week in august of 2008, and it's looking like it will stay that way. i suppose the 5th and 10th of august will have to wait another year from something big on their day.